Travelling is a fond dream that many of us cherish; especially in todays hectic world. But sometimes, you might travel to your dream destination in just not the perfect way; like a crammed business trip. But what if we tell you that you can still explore a city, even with all that appointments?
Here’s are our experts’ tips on making the best of your stay in the the city; just for you…
- Take time in to consideration – as with many other things in our life, in this case too, time can be one of our greatest enemies. If your reason for visiting a city is purely for work, but you still want to make the best of it and experience it all, it’s important that you pay attention to the duration of your stay, as well as how you spend your time. This is especially important to keep in mind when setting appointments; as they can inevitably waste an entire day if not placed well.
- Try not to focus too much on the comforts of the place you’re staying at – staying at hotels can get boring; especially if you tend to live in them for a period of time. If you want all the luxuries of a hotel, but want to feel like your home, then opt for renting a condo over a hotel room. Condominium interior design in Singapore tends to be top notch; just like hotels. But they have more privacy. But if you’re not afraid to let for o the luxuries, consider living in rented homes around the city that are more steeped in it’s culture. You’d be surprised at how welcoming some people tend to be with foreigners to their neighborhood.
- Learn the language – this is one of our golden tips. If the city you are wanting to explore is of a foreign country or even a city that speaks a specific language, it can be vital to learn the language that’s spoken there. Learning the language can open up so many new ways of exploring a city for you. You’d be surprised at how lonely you can get; even sharing an apartment with top notch designer!
- Exploring cultures through its food – it’s a well known fact that each city and each region of any given place has its own kind of food; the tastes that make a city. And if you want to explore a city to it’s very core, then you should start with the food. Even if you don’t get a lot of time to spend exploring the city in your brief stay, try and eat adventurously. And the best part? You can do it anywhere you are…!
- Whenever possible, walk to your destinations – many of us are a little hesitant about walking around in strange cities; and for good reason. It can get a little dangerous in some parts of the world. But if you could find a local friend to walk around with you, try to adopt to the much slower paced walking when trying to get to places trust us, you can learn so much about a place simply by observing.